GENERAL DIRECTORATE OF TURKISH POST AND TELEGRAPH ADMINISTRATION(PTT)
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CALL FOR PARTNERSHIP IN THE JOINT STOCK COMPANY TO BE ESTABLISHED WITH THE PARTICIPATION OF PTT
A joint stock company, having an exclusive legal entity, shall be established with the participation of the General Directorate of Turkish Post and Telegraph Administration and with the involvement of one or several domestic and foreign partners or domestic partners established by foreign partners in accordance with the provisions of Turkish Commercial Code in Ankara. It is aimed to meet the demands of both domestic and foreign markets upon the region and Turkey becoming one of the most important production centers with this company to be established by and among the partners that have advanced technology in the production of postal and postal financial services, systems, devices and equipment and unmanned postal item accepting and delivery devices, ATM devices (Automated Teller Machine) and various type postal products and modern postal systems various types, and that have a share in the international market.
Principles of Partnership
1. The type of company to be established through partnership: Joint Stock Company
2. Partnership Structure of Company: It shall consist of PTT, domestic partner or partners and foreign partner or partners or domestic partners established by foreign partners. It is obligatory that there should be a domestic partner in the company to be established. Domestic and foreign partners shall submit their offers together and according to the following partnership shares.
a) The share of PTT in the Company shall not be less than 15 % (Decree Law No. 233 -Article 27/2) and shall not be more than 49 % (Decree Law No. 233- Article2/6).
b) Total shares of the domestic partner or partners or foreign partner or partners or domestic partners established by foreign partners shall not be less than 51 %.
3. Activities of Company:
The company shall produce, maintain and repair production of postal and postal financial services, systems, devices and equipment and unmanned postal item accepting and delivery devices, ATM devices (Automated Teller Machine) and various type postal products and modern postal systems and equipments in various types. In addition, such company shall establish any plant required for these activities and conduct technology transfer in relation to production, and deal with marketing activities.
4. Capital Contribution of PTT:
Capital contribution of PTT shall be in cash.
5. Qualifications of Partner or Partners:
The following documents and data’s shall be required from the foreign partner or partners or domestic partners established by foreign partners:
a) Documents indicating the facilities, company profile, workforce and production capacity in relation to production of postal and postal financial services, systems, devices and equipment and unmanned postal item accepting and delivery devices, ATM devices (Automated Teller Machine) and various type postal products and modern postal systems various types;
b) Documents indicating the national or international references for the last 5 years of the production and sales quantities pertaining to the production of postal and postal financial services, systems, devices and equipment and ATM devices (Automated Teller Machine) and various type postal products and modern postal systems various types and equipment in relation to the fields of activity of the Company;
c) Financial statements for the last three (3) years;
d) Documents indicating compliance with the standards of Quality Management System, Environmental Management System and Worker Health and Work Safety System; and also the documents about certifications, permits, Service and Production Compliance certificates of the produced devices and products.
e) Full address for notification, furthermore, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address for contact.
The following documents and data’s shall be required from the foreign partner or partners:
f) If the partner is a real person, the document indicating registration to the Chamber of Trade and/or Commerce, which is received within the year when the first announcement with regard to the tender is made;
g) If the partner is a legal person, the document collected from the Chamber of Trade and/or Commerce where the legal person is registered;
h) Full address for notification, furthermore, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address for contact.
ı) Statement of signature or circular of signature indicating authorization to submit offers,
j) Trade Registers Gazette indicating the shares and tasks of shareholders of company;
k) The document indicating that there is not any outstanding tax and Social Security premium debt as per the legal provisions of the Republic of Turkey;
l) Financial statements and income sheets for the last three years.
Original or notarized copy of above mentioned documents are valid.
6. The criteria to be taken into account during evaluation process:
a) Shares in the partnership: Domestic partner’s share shall be considered according to maximum value.
b) Amount of investment: Amount of investment to produce production of postal and postal financial services, systems, devices and equipment and ATM devices (Automated Teller Machine) and various type postal products and modern postal systems various types within first three years which is defined in the activities of company shall be minimum USD$ 500,000.00 and shall be considered according to extra investment value.
c) Production plan: Evaluation about production will be according to the company’s minimum annual manufacturing commitments after establishment.
d) Experience in international business and partnership : This criteria shall be considered according to the highest number of countries where candidates establish companies and the highest volume of business activities in those countries.
e) Customer references: This criteria shall be considered according to number of the institutions which bought the devices.
f) Marketing potential: According to the commitment of the contacts and volume of business which will be made in this partnership organization.
g) Employment: This criteria shall be considered according to the number and qualifications of the workers.
h) Minimum share of domestic contribution in productions: The share of domestic semi-manufactured good contribution for products, equipments and devices which will be produced in the first two years shall be minimum %35. Offers shall be considered according to the highest value.
i) Technology transfer (license, know-how and technical assistant): Candidates of the partnership shall be provide and commit technical documents, production techniques, production methods, technical drawings, spare parts lists, quality and management plans and training of the personnel. And these criteria shall be considered according to these documents and commitments.
j) Commitment for export: 10 % of production shall be exported. Other commitment shall be considered according to highest value.
These criteria are informative, but not compulsory for PTT.
7. Candidates for partnership shall submit their projects, recommendations and offers covering the aforementioned criteria to General Directorate of PTT, Cargo and Logistics Department Şehit Teğmen Kalmaz Cd. No:2 06101 Ulus/ Ankara on March, 24th2011 until 17:00 through delivery in hand or by means of registered mail. It is required that the papers arrive until the closing date and time in the case of submissions through mail.
8. The conditions for partnership shall be negotiated with the selected candidate or candidates for partnership. The most appropriate candidate shall be determined and the articles of incorporation as well as other documentation shall be prepared with regard to the company to be established and such documentation shall be submitted to the High Planning Committee for approval. In the event that it is allowed to establish the company with the candidates for partnership selected by the High Planning Committee, it is notified in writing to complete the necessary legal procedures in order to establish the company. The candidates for partnership shall commence the establishment procedures within 10 business days after receiving such notification and finalized within three months period. Otherwise, the bid bond shall be deemed as revenue.
9. The invited candidate or candidates for partnership negotiation shall submit 1% of the planned amount of investment as bid bond. Turkish Lira, Foreign Currency (US Dollar or Euro) and letter of guarantee with unlimited duration shall be accepted as a guarantee. The guarantees of the investors whose offers are not found appropriate shall be returned upon request after the appropriate offers are selected by PTT. And the guarantees of selected partner or partners shall be returned after the establishing of the company.
10. Any and all taxes, duties, charges and costs shall be borne by the candidates for partnership from the call to the establishment of partnership.
11. This an announcement of call for partnership and is not subject to the provisions of Public Procurement Law No. 4737. PTT shall be free to whether establish a partnership or not. Those who respond to the call and negotiations are made for partnership shall not be entitled to make any claim.
GENERAL DIRECTORATE OF
– Adress : Türkiye Cumhuriyeti Posta ve Telgraf Teşkilatı Genel Müdürlüğü, Kargo ve Lojistik Dairesi Başkanlığı Şehit Teğmen Kalmaz Cd. No:2 06101 Ulus/ Ankara
– Tel : +90 312 560 58 92
– Fax : +90 312 309 58 66
– e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
– Web : www.ptt.gov.tr